More about Calape
Discover the Hidden Gems: Fun Facts About Calape, Bohol
Calape is a small town located in the province of Bohol, Philippines. Despite its size, this charming town boasts of many hidden gems and unique features that make it a must-visit destination. For instance, Calape is known for its rich history, having been founded in the 16th century by Spanish conquistadors. The town's name is derived from the word "kalap," which means "to gather." This refers to the town's past as a gathering place for traders and fishermen. Today, Calape is a vibrant community that offers visitors a glimpse into the local way of life.
One of the most interesting things about Calape is its annual fiesta, which is celebrated every May. During this time, the town comes alive with colorful parades, street parties, and cultural performances. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of local delicacies, such as lechon (roasted pig), puto (rice cake), and bibingka (coconut cake). Another fun fact about Calape is that it is home to several natural attractions, including a mangrove forest and a marine sanctuary. These areas are perfect for nature lovers who want to explore the town's flora and fauna.
Top Reasons Why Calape Should be Your Next Travel Destination
If you're looking for a destination that offers both natural beauty and cultural experiences, then Calape should be at the top of your list. Here are some of the top reasons why you should visit Calape:
1. Rich History and Culture: As mentioned earlier, Calape has a rich history that dates back to the Spanish colonial period. Visitors can explore the town's historic landmarks, such as the San Guillermo Parish Church and the Calape Watchtower. The town also has a vibrant culture that is reflected in its festivals, cuisine, and way of life.
2. Natural Attractions: Calape is blessed with natural beauty, including a mangrove forest, a marine sanctuary, and several beaches. Visitors can go kayaking, snorkeling, or simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
3. Local Cuisine: Calape is known for its delicious local cuisine, which includes lechon, puto, and bibingka. Visitors can sample these dishes at local restaurants and street vendors.
4. Warm Hospitality: The people of Calape are known for their warm hospitality and friendly nature. Visitors will feel welcome and at home in this charming town.
How to Go to Calape: A Complete Travel Guide
Calape is located in the province of Bohol, which is accessible by air and sea. Here's a complete travel guide on how to get to Calape:
1. By Air: The nearest airport to Calape is the Tagbilaran Airport, which is located about 40 kilometers away. From the airport, visitors can take a taxi or a van to Calape. The journey takes about an hour.
2. By Sea: Visitors can also reach Bohol by ferry from Cebu City. There are several ferry companies that operate daily trips to Bohol. From the port, visitors can take a van or a bus to Calape.
3. By Land: Visitors who are already in Bohol can take a bus or a van to Calape. There are several bus and van companies that operate daily trips to Calape from Tagbilaran City.
Fun Things to Do in Calape: Experience the Best of Bohol
Calape may be a small town, but it offers plenty of fun activities for visitors. Here are some of the best things to do in Calape:
1. Visit the San Guillermo Parish Church: This historic church is one of the oldest in Bohol and is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate carvings.
2. Explore the Mangrove Forest: Take a kayak tour of the mangrove forest and learn about the local flora and fauna.
3. Snorkel at the Marine Sanctuary: The marine sanctuary in Calape is home to a variety of marine life, including colorful fish and coral reefs.
4. Relax on the Beach: Calape has several beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the sunset.
5. Try Local Cuisine: Sample the local delicacies, such as lechon, puto, and bibingka, at local restaurants and street vendors.
Why Use Agoda.com to Book Your Dream Hotel in Calape
Agoda.com is the perfect platform for travelers who are looking for hassle-free hotel bookings in Calape. Here are some of the benefits of using Agoda.com:
1. Wide Selection of Hotels: Agoda.com offers a wide selection of hotels in Calape, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts.
2. Best Price Guarantee: Agoda.com offers the best price guarantee, which means that if you find a lower price elsewhere, they will match it.
3. Easy Booking Process: The booking process on Agoda.com is simple and user-friendly. Visitors can easily search for hotels, compare prices, and book their desired hotel in just a few clicks.
4. 24/7 Customer Service: Agoda.com offers 24/7 customer service, which means that visitors can get assistance anytime they need it.
The Best Time to Visit Calape: Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Calape is during the dry season, which runs from December to May. During this time, the weather is sunny and dry, making it perfect for outdoor activities such as beach hopping, snorkeling, and kayaking. The peak season in Calape is during the summer months of March to May, when the town comes alive with festivals and events. Visitors who want to avoid the crowds can visit during the shoulder season, which runs from June to November. Although there may be occasional rain showers during this time, the weather is still pleasant and the crowds are thinner.
Travel Tips: What You Need to Know Before Visiting Calape
Here are some travel tips that visitors should keep in mind before visiting Calape:
1. Bring Cash: Although there are ATMs in Calape, it's always a good idea to bring cash with you, especially if you plan to visit remote areas.
2. Respect Local Customs: Visitors should respect the local customs and traditions. For example, it's customary to remove your shoes before entering a home or a place of worship.
3. Dress Appropriately: Visitors should dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
4. Stay Hydrated: The weather in Calape can be hot and humid, so visitors should drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Where to Stay in Calape: Your Ultimate Accommodation Guide
Calape offers a variety of accommodation options, ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts. Here are some of the best places to stay in Calape:
1. Isla Hayahay Beach Resort and Restaurant: This resort offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant that serves delicious local cuisine.
2. Isle of View Beach Resort and Guesthouse: This guesthouse is located right on the beach and offers affordable rooms with stunning ocean views.
3. Calape Forest Resort: This eco-friendly resort is located in a lush forest and offers a range of amenities, including a swimming pool, a restaurant, and a spa.
What to Eat in Calape: A Foodie's Guide to Bohol Delicacies
Calape is known for its delicious local cuisine, which includes lechon, puto, and bibingka. Here are some of the must-try dishes in Calape:
1. Lechon: This is a roasted pig that is cooked over an open flame for several hours. The result is a crispy skin and tender meat that is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
2. Puto: This is a rice cake that is made with coconut milk and sugar. It's typically served as a dessert or a snack.
3. Bibingka: This is a coconut cake that is made with rice flour, coconut milk, and sugar. It's typically served during special occasions, such as weddings and fiestas.
Getting Around Calape: Transportation Guide
Calape is a small town that is easy to navigate on foot or by bicycle. However, visitors who want to explore the surrounding areas can use the following modes of transportation:
1. Tricycle: This is a three-wheeled vehicle that can be hired for short trips around town.
2. Van: Visitors can hire a van to take them to nearby attractions or to explore the surrounding areas.
3. Motorbike: Visitors who are comfortable riding a motorbike can rent one to explore the town and its surroundings.
In conclusion, Calape is a hidden gem in Bohol that offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, rich culture, and warm hospitality. With its historic landmarks, natural attractions, and delicious local cuisine, Calape is the perfect destination for travelers who want to experience the best of Bohol. By using Agoda.com, visitors can easily book their dream hotel in Calape and enjoy a hassle-free vacation.