More about Cocoa Beach
Discovering the Fun Facts of Cocoa Beach, FL
Cocoa Beach is a city located in Brevard County, Florida, United States. It is known as the surfing capital of the East Coast, and it's not hard to see why. The waves are perfect for surfing, and the city has a laid-back vibe that attracts surfers from all over the world. Cocoa Beach is also home to the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop, which is the largest surf shop in the world. The city has a rich history in space exploration, and it was the home of the first U.S. astronaut, Alan Shepard, to go into space. Today, visitors can explore the Kennedy Space Center, which is just a short drive away from Cocoa Beach.
Top Reasons to Visit Cocoa Beach, FL
There are plenty of reasons to visit Cocoa Beach. The city has a beautiful coastline that stretches for miles, and the beaches are some of the best in Florida. The waves are perfect for surfing, and the city has a laid-back vibe that is perfect for those looking to relax. Cocoa Beach is also home to a wide range of restaurants, bars, and shops, making it a great place to spend a day or two exploring. The city is also home to the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop, which is a must-visit for anyone interested in surfing or beach culture.
How to Get to Cocoa Beach, FL: Your Ultimate Guide
Cocoa Beach is located just 45 minutes from Orlando International Airport, which makes it easily accessible for travelers coming from all over the world. From the airport, visitors can rent a car or take a shuttle to Cocoa Beach. The city is also easily accessible by car, and it is located just off of Interstate 95. For those who prefer public transportation, there are bus services that run from Orlando to Cocoa Beach.
10 Fun Things to Do in Cocoa Beach, FL
1. Surfing – Cocoa Beach is known as the surfing capital of the East Coast, and there are plenty of surf schools and rental shops in the city.
2. Kennedy Space Center – Visitors can explore the history of space exploration at the Kennedy Space Center, which is just a short drive away from Cocoa Beach.
3. Ron Jon Surf Shop – The largest surf shop in the world is located in Cocoa Beach, and it's a must-visit for anyone interested in surfing or beach culture.
4. Cocoa Beach Pier – The pier is a popular spot for fishing, and it's also home to a range of restaurants and shops.
5. Manatee Sanctuary Park – This park is home to a wide range of wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, and sea turtles.
6. Jetty Park – This park is a great spot for fishing, and it's also a popular place to watch the cruise ships come in and out of the port.
7. Lori Wilson Park – This park has a beautiful beach and is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
8. Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures – Visitors can climb, zip, and swing through the trees at this outdoor adventure park.
9. Exploration Tower – This tower offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding area, and it's a great place to learn about the history of space exploration.
10. Cocoa Beach Art Walk – This monthly event is a great way to explore the local art scene and meet local artists.
Why Book Your Cocoa Beach Hotel with Agoda.com?
Agoda.com is the best place to book your hotel in Cocoa Beach. With a wide range of options to choose from, including the Sea Aire Oceanfront Inn, Endless Summer, and Cocoas By The Sea, Agoda.com has something for every traveler. Booking with Agoda.com is also hassle-free, and their customer service team is available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
The Best Time to Visit Cocoa Beach, FL: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Cocoa Beach is from March to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are smaller. The summer months, from June to August, are also a popular time to visit, but the beaches can get crowded. The fall months, from September to November, are a great time to visit for those looking to avoid the crowds, and the weather is still warm enough for swimming and beach activities. The winter months, from December to February, can be cooler, but they are still a great time to visit for those looking to escape the cold weather up north.
Expert Tips for Travelers Visiting Cocoa Beach, FL
1. Bring sunscreen – The sun can be strong in Florida, so make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen.
2. Rent a car – While it is possible to get around Cocoa Beach without a car, having one will make it easier to explore the surrounding area.
3. Try the seafood – Cocoa Beach is known for its fresh seafood, so make sure to try some while you're in town.
4. Visit the Kennedy Space Center early in the day – The Kennedy Space Center can get crowded, so it's best to visit early in the day to avoid the crowds.
5. Book your hotel in advance – Cocoa Beach is a popular destination, so it's best to book your hotel in advance to ensure that you get the best deal.
Where to Stay in Cocoa Beach, FL: A Neighborhood Guide
There are several neighborhoods to choose from when looking for a place to stay in Cocoa Beach. The beachside area is the most popular, and it's where you'll find most of the hotels and resorts. The downtown area is also a great option, and it's where you'll find a range of shops, restaurants, and bars. For those looking for a quieter experience, the neighborhoods of Avon by the Sea and Cape Canaveral are both great options.
Exploring the Local Cuisine of Cocoa Beach, FL
Cocoa Beach is known for its fresh seafood, and there are plenty of restaurants in the city that serve it up. Some of the most popular seafood dishes in Cocoa Beach include shrimp, crab, and lobster. There are also plenty of options for those who prefer other types of cuisine, including Italian, Mexican, and American. For those looking for a sweet treat, there are several ice cream shops and bakeries in the city that are worth checking out.
Getting Around Cocoa Beach, FL: Transportation Options
The easiest way to get around Cocoa Beach is by car. There are several rental car companies in the city, and it's easy to rent a car for the day or for your entire stay. There are also several taxi companies in the city, and Uber and Lyft are both available. For those looking to explore the city on foot, the beachside area and the downtown area are both easy to navigate.