More about Khulna Division
Discovering Khulna: Fun Facts and Reasons to Visit
Khulna is a beautiful city located in southwestern Bangladesh, known for its lush greenery, historic landmarks, and vibrant culture. It is the third-largest city in Bangladesh and the gateway to the Sundarbans, the world's largest mangrove forest. Khulna is a melting pot of different cultures, and its rich history and traditions are evident in its architecture, cuisine, and festivals.
If you are planning to visit Bangladesh, Khulna should be on your list of must-visit destinations. This city has a lot to offer, from its beautiful temples and mosques to its bustling markets and delicious food. Khulna is also an excellent base for exploring the Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most biodiverse regions in the world.
Getting to Khulna: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
Khulna is easily accessible by air, road, and rail. The city has its own airport, the Jessore Airport, which is located about 60 km away from the city center. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to Khulna. Alternatively, you can take a train from Dhaka or Chittagong to Khulna. The train journey is scenic and comfortable, and it takes around 8-10 hours.
If you are traveling from India, you can take a train from Kolkata to Khulna. The train journey takes around 12 hours and is an excellent way to explore the countryside. You can also take a bus from Kolkata to Khulna, which takes around 8-10 hours.
Top Things to Do in Khulna: A Traveler's Guide
Khulna has plenty of things to see and do, and you can easily spend a few days exploring the city and its surroundings. Here are some of the top things to do in Khulna:
1. Visit the Sundarbans: The Sundarbans is one of the most biodiverse regions in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can take a boat tour of the mangrove forest and spot tigers, crocodiles, and other wildlife.
2. Explore the Khulna Divisional Museum: The museum has a collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the history and culture of the Khulna region.
3. Visit the Shait Gumbad Mosque: The mosque is a beautiful example of Mughal architecture and is one of the oldest mosques in Bangladesh.
4. Shop at the Khulna City Market: The market is a bustling hub of activity, and you can find everything from food to clothes to souvenirs.
5. Visit the Sixty Dome Mosque: The mosque is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the largest mosques in Bangladesh.
Booking Your Khulna Accommodation with Agoda.com
If you are looking for affordable and hassle-free hotel bookings in Khulna, look no further than Agoda.com. Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Khulna, from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. You can easily search for hotels based on your budget, location, and preferences.
Agoda.com also offers great deals and discounts on hotels in Khulna, so you can save money while enjoying a comfortable and enjoyable stay. With Agoda.com, you can book your Khulna accommodation in just a few clicks, and you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible price.
When to Visit Khulna: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Khulna is between October and March when the weather is dry and pleasant. The temperature during this time ranges from 20°C to 28°C, making it perfect for outdoor activities and sightseeing. However, if you want to explore the Sundarbans, the best time to visit is between November and February when the water levels are low, and you can spot more wildlife.
Expert Tips for Traveling to Khulna
Here are some expert tips to help you make the most of your trip to Khulna:
1. Dress modestly: Bangladesh is a conservative country, and it is important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
2. Carry cash: Most places in Khulna do not accept credit cards, so it is important to carry cash with you.
3. Try the local cuisine: Khulna is known for its delicious seafood, so make sure to try some of the local dishes.
4. Be respectful: Bangladeshis are friendly and welcoming, but it is important to be respectful of their customs and traditions.
Where to Stay in Khulna: The Best Hotels for Every Budget
Khulna has plenty of accommodation options, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts. Here are some of the best hotels in Khulna:
1. Tiger Garden Int Hotel: This hotel is located in the heart of Khulna and offers comfortable rooms and excellent service.
2. Afroza villa: This guesthouse is located in a quiet residential area and offers clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices.
3. Akankha bashati: This hotel is located on the outskirts of Khulna and offers a peaceful and serene environment.
4. Jashore IT Park Hotel and Resort: This hotel is located in the nearby city of Jessore and offers luxurious rooms and excellent facilities.
5. Hotel Park Inn, Khulna: This hotel is located in the center of Khulna and offers comfortable rooms and excellent service.
6. Hotel Rose Garden: This hotel is located in a quiet residential area and offers clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices.
Tasting Khulna: A Foodie's Guide to Local Cuisine
Khulna is known for its delicious seafood, and there are plenty of restaurants and street food vendors that offer fresh and tasty seafood dishes. Some of the must-try dishes in Khulna include fish curry, shrimp curry, and crab curry. You can also try the local sweets, such as rasgulla and mishti doi.
Exploring Khulna: How to Get Around the City
Khulna is a relatively small city, and you can easily explore it on foot or by bicycle. However, if you want to travel further afield, you can take a taxi or a rickshaw. There are also buses that connect Khulna with other cities in Bangladesh. If you are traveling to the Sundarbans, you can take a boat tour from Khulna.