More about Samar
Discovering the Hidden Gems of Samar, Philippines
Samar is a province located in the Eastern Visayas region of the Philippines. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, rich culture, and warm hospitality. Despite being a less-traveled destination, Samar offers a unique and unforgettable experience for travelers who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway.
Samar is a province that boasts a plethora of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. One of the most popular attractions in Samar is the Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park, which features a majestic natural bridge, a stunning lagoon, and a breathtaking cave system. Visitors can take a boat ride to explore the park and witness the beauty of the stalactites and stalagmites inside the caves.
Another must-visit destination in Samar is the Caluwayan Palm Island Resort and Restaurant. This resort is located on an island that can only be accessed by boat, adding to the exclusivity and charm of the place. The resort offers guests a serene and peaceful environment where they can relax, unwind, and enjoy the stunning views of the sea.
Top Reasons Why Samar Should Be on Your Travel List
Samar is a hidden gem that offers a unique and unforgettable experience for travelers. Here are some of the top reasons why Samar should be on your travel list:
1. Natural Beauty - Samar is home to some of the most stunning natural attractions in the Philippines, including the Sohoton Natural Bridge National Park, the Lulugayan Falls, and the Blanca Aurora Falls.
2. Rich Culture - Samar is a province that is proud of its rich cultural heritage. Visitors can witness traditional festivals, such as the Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival, and experience the warm hospitality of the locals.
3. Peaceful and Relaxing - Samar is a less-traveled destination, which means that visitors can enjoy a peaceful and relaxing getaway away from the crowds and noise of the city.
4. Adventure - Samar offers a range of exciting activities for adventure-seekers, such as caving, trekking, and island-hopping.
How to Get to Samar: A Comprehensive Guide
Samar is accessible by air, land, and sea. The most convenient way to get to Samar is by flying to Tacloban City, which is the capital of the neighboring province of Leyte. From Tacloban, visitors can take a van or a bus to reach Samar.
Another option is to take a ferry from Manila to Catbalogan City, which is the capital of Samar. The ferry ride takes around 24 hours, but it is a great way to see the stunning coastline of the Philippines.
Unforgettable Adventures and Activities to Experience in Samar
Samar offers a range of unforgettable adventures and activities for visitors to experience. Here are some of the top things to do in Samar:
1. Caving - Samar is home to some of the most stunning caves in the Philippines, such as the Langun-Gobingob Cave System, which is the largest cave system in the country.
2. Trekking - Samar is a great destination for trekking enthusiasts. Visitors can trek to the summit of Mount Huraw, which offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
3. Island-hopping - Samar is surrounded by beautiful islands that are waiting to be explored. Visitors can take a boat ride to explore the stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters of the islands.
4. Waterfalls - Samar is home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in the Philippines, including the Lulugayan Falls and the Blanca Aurora Falls.
Book Your Ideal Samar Hotel with Agoda.com
Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Samar that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of our top picks:
1. Caluwayan Palm Island Resort and Restaurant - This exclusive resort is located on an island that offers a peaceful and relaxing environment for guests.
2. RedDoorz @ Western Hig